Hainan Visa Free & Visa on Arrival Policy Guide
Hainan has extremely convenient Visa Free and Visa on Arrival policies that make it easy and quick for visitors from around the world to enter Hainan! Find out how:
Hainan 59 Country Visa-Free Entry Policy Guide
1. Travelers must register with a Hainan travel agency before arriving.
We suggest that travelers register with a travel agency at least 48 hours before arrival in Hainan. Travelers must submit: passport information, round trip tickets, hotel bookings, and Hainan travel itinerary. For visa free entry, the Hainan travel agency must submit travelers’ information to the Exit-Entry Administration Bureau of Hainan 24 hours before the travelers’ arrival in Hainan.
2. List of 59 Countries eligible for Visa Free Entry to Hainan.
Russia, the UK, France, Germany, Norway, Ukraine, Italy, Austria, Finland, Holland, Denmark, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ireland, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Montenegro, Macedonia, Albania, the United States, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Kazakhstan, Philippines, Indonesia, Brunei, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Monaco, and Belarus.
3. Travelers from the 59 visa free entry eligible countries may travel from or through Hong Kong or any other place outside Mainland China with a direct flight to Hainan.
4. The maximum length of stay for visa free travelers in Hainan is 30 days.
5. Travelers who need to travel to other parts of China must apply for a visa.
Travelers who need to extend their stay in Hainan or travel to other parts of China must apply for a visa through a Hainan travel agency.A) Documents required to apply for a visa: Certificate issued by a travel agency, passport.B) Visa application locations: Citizens of the 59 Visa Free Countries staying in Haikou, Sanya, Yangpu, Wenchang, Qionghai, or Chengmai, may apply for a visa at the local Exit & Entry Administration Office. Travelers in other Hainan locations must apply at the Exit-Entry Administration Bureau of Hainan Provincial Public Security Department.
6. Singapore, Japan, Brunei, the United Arab Emirates, Serbia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, and Russia Visa Free Policy Guide
Travelers from the above mentioned seven countries enjoy visa free entry to China (including Hainan) for a set period of time. Travelers from Singapore, Japan, and Brunei may stay no longer than 15 days; Travelers from the United Arab Emirates and Serbia may stay no longer than 30 days, and citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina may enter China (including Hainan) an unlimited number of times during each 180 day period but stay in China for no more than 90 days in total during that period. Russian travelers may enter in groups visa free and stay no longer than 15 days in China. Travel agencies receiving travelers from the above mentioned 7 countries in Hainan will be responsible for explaining the visa free policy situation. Citizens of Singapore, Japan, Brunei, and Russia entering China under the 59 Country Visa Free Entry Policy must abide by the requirements of the 59 Country Visa Free Entry Policy.
7. Visa free travelers must register their lodgings.
Visa free travelers staying in hotels must show passports at check-in for registration purposes. Travelers (or hosts of travelers) staying outside hotels must register at the local neighborhood public security office within 24 hours of the traveler’s arrival.
8. Visa Free Information.
Office: Exit-Entry Administration Bureau of Hainan Provincial Public Security Department
Office: Haikou City Exit–Entry Administration Bureau
Office: Sanya City Exit–Entry Administration Bureau
Office:Yangpu Economic Development Zone Exit–Entry Administration Bureau
Office: Qionghai Exit–Entry Administration Bureau
Office: Wenchang Exit–Entry Administration Bureau
Office: Chengmai Exit–Entry Administration Bureau
9. Hainan Travel Agencies Handling Visa Free Entry Registration
(recommended by the Hainan Province Travel Agency Association).
10. Hong Kong, Macao Travel Agencies Handling Visa Free Entry Registration
(recommended by the Hainan Province Travel Agency Association).
Exit-Entry Administration Bureau of Hainan Provincial Public Security Department
Department of Tourism, Culture, Radio, Television and Sports of Hainan Province
Hainan Visa on Arrival Entry Policy
The visa on arrival, or landing visa, is perfect for travelers who don’t want to go to a lot of trouble to arrange a visa before visiting. All you need is your passport, a passport photo, and your visa fee!
Citizens of countries or regions with diplomatic or trade relations with China are eligible for the landing visa when arriving in Haikou or Sanya. With the landing visa, you can travel to any part of China for up to 30 days total, and leave China from anywhere!
Visa on Arrival Process:
1. Before you travel, call the hot line of Hainan Exit-Entry Inspection and Quarantine Bureau to ask about the Visa on Arrival eligibility for your nationality.
Haikou Meilan Airport Visa Office Number: +86-898-65751994
Sanya Phoenix Airport Visa Office Number: +86-898-88289566
2. After arriving at the airport, go to the visa section and get your visa. (24 hours service)
3. What you need to prepare: your valid passport, one 2-inch color photo without hat (on-site photography service available), visa on arrival fee (varies from 168 to 1,000 RMB, cash only)
4. After receiving your visa, you can travel to any part of mainland China, and stay for up to 15 days, to explore the mysteries of China!
5. You will need to register with the local police station within 24 hours after arrival in each place you stay. If you are in a hotel, the staff will take care of this for you, but if you are camping or staying in a friend’s apartment or other location, you will need to go to the local police station with your passport to register. This is a national law.
6. Enjoy your stay in Hainan!
Please note: Each case is decided at the sole discretion of the immigration officials, and in some rare cases they may choose not to grant Visa Free entry or Visa on Arrival. In these cases, the immigration officials are not required to give an explanation for their decision.